Monday 6 June 2011

New Art, and a new Craft Sale

Well, I kind of feel like I'm slacking off with this blogging thing, but to be completely honest, the weeks are flying by way too fast, and that by the time I realize what's going on, I've whipped through my days off and am once again back to the grind. What I need to do is take these reins and say "Whoa mon petit cheval!" and slow things down a little I think. (that french saying, by the way, is one of my favorite things my parents used to say to me and my brother and sister when we were young. Awww, I love you mom and dad!!)

Alright! Now that that has been said, onwards with the updates!

First up, the most exciting news is that I am going to be participating in the Fredericton Crafters Spring Sale next weekend (Saturday, June 18) in Fredericton, New Brunswick!! Yup, Kanis and I are going to attempt the impossible and stuff our poor little green Honda Civic with boxes and bags and pillows and clothes and totes of art and go on a little road trip! This will be my second time selling my work outside of Nova Scotia, and I'm really looking forward to this little sale. Come say hello at the Charlotte Street Arts Centre at 732 Charlotte Street. The sale starts at 9 and ends at 4. Lots and lots of great things to see!! If you'd like more information about the sale, click here.

Next up, a new piece of art that I will be showing off for the first time in Fredericton: The Frog Prince!!!

Yup, I did it again. Another Frog Prince thingy. Truthfully the story is probably one of my all time favorite stories. I have played with the story numerous times, tweaking the pictures and narratives. I've actually written my own version of the story, illustrated it with plexiglass intaglio prints I did while at NSCAD, and bookbound the story so that it was accordion folded. I have made a mirror with the little green prince on it, and made wooden blocks, dunce caps and ornaments as well. And now, I have a 24 inch collage of him too!! Here he is:





Hope you enjoyed the newest pictures! Lots and lots more to come. Once I'm done all of the new oddities, I'll have tonnes of stuff to post!!




No comments:

Post a Comment