Friday 13 May 2011

My first post and some spring cleaning!

Well, this is it.
My first post!

Have to say it has been a long time coming, but I'm a little bit of a procrastinator, and I apparently needed to wait for the perfect time to launch myself into the vast world of blogging. Can't really pinpoint what exactly caused me to wake up one morning and sit down at my computer for an hour and a bit to get everything organized, but something nipped me in the butt. I guess it was just the right time!

Well, along with getting inspired to get this blog train going, I also realized that my studio was in the most desperate need of a good spring cleaning. I recently participated in the Halifax Crafters spring sale, and two months up to that weekend things were insane. My studio somehow magically transformed into this mess of piles and nonsense and it got to the point where I was avoiding my studio altogether. I guess you could say the 'zen' wasn't there anymore. The only thing to do?

Take a grenade to it.

Nah, just kidding. I cleaned up after myself and made things all pretty again. Now I'm ready to rock and roll and things are looking peachy!

Oh and hey, I've included some before and after photos just to let you all see exactly what I was talking about up above.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out the madness that is my little life here in Bedford Nova Scotia! Plenty of news and photos to come!







3 comments:

  1. Yeah for you! The studio looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat now, so to speak :)

    I've been avoiding my small craft area in our spare guest room because things are messy!

    The past 2-3 months have been really busy for me in my Etsy shop, doing consignment sales in 3 retail stores [Dartmouth, Halifax + Pictou] and preparing for my 1st time at the Truro Farmers' Market ....

    I'm sort of using my craft area as my storage centre and am back at the kitchen table doing all the real work!!!

    It's NOT supposed to be that way ~ using the table and having to clear all away by supper is the very reason I created this special space!

    I do have a blog and I suppose should take before pix since a guest is coming for a couple of months mid-June and will be using that room so I'm going to have to CLEAN IT UP!!

    I thoroughly enjoyed your 1st post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your studio enviroment, Isa! Pretty cool creative haven.

    -Jono

    ReplyDelete